Plenty of women wonder how to perfect the smokey eye. It is a look that is widely sought after, and seemingly easily mastered in Hollywood.
The trick to the smokey eye look that so many of those celebrities pull of so well is their celebrity makeup artist. And you can learn their tricks.
Christopher Drummond is a very accomplished Hollywood makeup artist who has worked with the likes of Eve Ensler (“The Vagina Monologues”), Jennifer Lopez, Brooke Shields, Glenn Close, Jane Fonda, and more.
Here are Christopher’s tips for creating a glamorous, smokey eye.
“I have a fool-proof technique to get a beautiful smoky look in a minimal amount of time, and you don’t have to be a pro to get the look.”
1. Start with a beige shadow base all over the entire lid.
2. Take a gold shadow, and apply it 3/4 of the way up, not quite all the way up to the brow. Leave some space between where you stop and the brow.
3. Apply a blue/grey shadow from the crease (middle) of the eye to the base of the lashes. Be sure to blend it well, back and forth. This helps the product adhere, and stay on longer.
4. On the outer corner of the lid, blend in a purple eyes shadow to give some extra “sizzle.” Blend well.
5. Finally, use a black liner to line the base of the lashes. Follow with mascara.
-Celebrity Makeup Artist
Thank you to Chris for the fantastic tip.